It’s that time of year again when parents are looking for options to keep the children entertained over the summer months. Here are a few area options to check out:
- Ages 5-12. Prices from $130 per week for members. Offered from June 15 -August 21 with weekly themes including Wild Wild West, Fairytale, and Superhero.
- Ages 2-16. Prices from $165 per week for members. Various camps offered from June 1 -August 21 including Gymnastics, Crossfit, Young Inventors, and Theatre.
Weekly camps in various sciences for ages 4-15 at Bethany Church (Weddington), United Faith Christian Academy (South Charlotte), and British International School of Charlotte (Ballantyne). About 30 camps to choose from including robotics, veterinary medicine, paleontology, astronomy, and video game creation. Dates range from June 15-August 14 depending on location. Prices start at $245 per week.
Weekly camps in various sciences for ages 6-15 at United Faith Christian Academy (South Charlotte) and British International School of Charlotte (Ballantyne). Three camps to choose from including All Things Magical & Mystical, Surfin’ Pacific Islands Art, and Adventures in Cartooning. Dates range from July 6 -August 14 depending on location. Prices start at $245 per week.
Weekly half-day camps in robotics for ages 7-13 in downtown Waxhaw. Camps are divided by age groups and separated for boys and girls. Camps include flying a drone over Waxhaw. Dates range from June 15-August 14. Prices start at $199 per week.
- Weekly camps include riding lessons, horsemanship, crafts, and scavenger hunts. Ages 5-14. Dates range from June 15 – August 14 from 9am- 1pm. Priced at $345 per week.
- Weekly camps for ages 5-16. Dates range from June 14 – August 14 from 9am- 2pm. Priced from $275 per week for day camp and $950 for residential camps.
- Weekly camps include Horsemaster, Showmanship, Intermediate, and Advanced based on experience and skill. Dates range from June 15 – August 21 from 9am- 3pm. Priced from $500 – $675 per week.
Offered to all Union County Public School students at Antioch, Indian Trail, Poplin, Rea View, Sandy Ridge,Stallings, Waxhaw, and Wesley Chapel. Weekly camp dates range from June 15 – August 14. Priced at $110 per week.
Ages 3-18. Prices starting at $140 per week for half-day camps and $270 for full day camps. Themes include AristoCats and Shrek and locations are ImaginOn (Uptown), UNCC (North Charlotte), and Charlotte Latin (South Charlotte).
Located at various schools in the greater Charlotte area in June and July. Offered for 1st -6th graders. Priced at $220 per week for a four day camp from around 8:30am to 4:30pm. Themes include marine science, STEM, and design.
Weekly camps in various sciences for ages 3-15 located primarily at Discovery Place (Uptown) and also at the Carolinas Aviation Museum (by Charlotte Douglas Airport) for limited camp themes. Various themes to choose from including Kitchen Concoctions, Pilot’s Academy, Zoologists, and Cool Chemistry. Dates range from June 8 -August 14 depending on location. Prices start at $100 per week for half day and $300 for full day.
Don’t see anything here that might interest your child? Find an abundant source of unique camp experiences like ballet, chess, writing, fashion, and music at Charlotte Parent.